Wednesday 19 December 2012

Bakery Sugar Cookies

One of my favourite cookies are the soft, fluffy sugar cookies that you can only get at the grocery store. A few weeks ago my friend said she was craving them so I started a hunt for a recipe. I made a few changes to the recipe I found here and they came out perfectly! Everyone agreed they were just like the ones 'you can only get in the grocery store!'



-couldn't wait for them to cool before icing!-


Cookies:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. In separate bowl cream sugar and butter together, add eggs and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients until combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour. 




-dough disks-



After dough has chilled, roll into balls and flatten into disks. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Give them enough space because they will spread.



-still light colour when baked-



Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Cookies should still be light on top and golden on the bottom. DO NOT OVER BAKE!



-bottoms slightly brown-


Let cookies cool on wire rack completely before icing...if you have the patience.


Icing:
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3-4 tablespoons milk (plus more, as needed)

Wisk together in a bowl until you get the right consistency. Add food colouring and spread (or spoon) onto cookies.

-icing will be liquid until it sets-
I promise these simple cookies will be a huge hit! My friends left my house with the extras stashed in their pockets.





2 comments:

  1. These look great! I tried your Snow Brownie recipe and they were divine, I can't wait to try these at the weekend!

    bedinthekitchen.co.uk

    Jaye x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying the recipes!

    ReplyDelete