Monday 12 November 2012

Snow Brownies

In honour of the first snowfall of the year this weekend I decided to share this recipe for Snow Brownies. A friend of mine asked for white chocolate brownies for her birthday. I'm not a big white chocolate fan, but I thought it could be a nice seasonal spin on the classic chocolate brownies. This is what I came up with:


-snow brownies-



I made a few changes to this recipe and (with the addition of macadamia nuts) it just may have changed my opinion on white chocolate...



-white chocolate chunks-


Snow Brownies:
1/2 C butter
2 ounces white chocolate
2 eggs
1 C white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C macadamia nuts, chopped



-macadamia nuts-



Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl. In another dish melt butter and white chocolate together (I used the microwave). Combine butter mixture with egg mixture, then stir in flour and salt until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.



-batter-



Stir in macadamia nuts and pour into greased 9X9 inch pan. Top with flakes of white chocolate, and bake at 350C for 20-25 minutes.



-before-



Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.



-snow brownies-



With golden brown edges and a chewy middle they are the perfect winter treat!

1 comment: